Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stone Mountain & Daughter in Berkley, CA

Amanda and I traveled to Berkley, CA via the BART system.  Another 'first' on this trip.  While having breakfast that morning I asked if the BART went under San Francisco Bay.  Of course it does!!  It is better NOT to think about that.  We were met at the BART station by Amanda's friend Melissa who generously was our personal taxi for the day.  We started off with lunch at Vic's, an Indian Restaurant and grocery store.  I had a wonderful dish that I can't remember the name or really what was in it.  It was just good. 

Our purpose of going to Stone Mountain & Daughter was to have Amanda pick out fabric for a project I am making for her.  Of course, I would have to buy some fabric for my stash as well.  Melissa was just looking and did find a few pieces for her current project and a future project. 
We were looking mostly for batik fabrics for Amanda's project and as soon as you walk in the door, there they were.  As this is a gift, I decided not to show our choices until later.

Here is what I bought!
More fabric for market bags.  Left to right:  Limes, red raspberries, celery, eggs, potatoes, jalapeno peppers, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, peas, blueberries and green grapes.
I just love the detail of the celery fabric.

It looks good enough to eat.

I bought this fabric to make Amanda an apron.


These fabrics will be used to make a Mariner's Compass.


And I love cows and am collecting fabrics to make a quilt...someday.

Once again, the prices were about the same as what I pay here.  The staff was very nice and helpful and Stone Mountain & Daughter has been in business for 30 years.  This is a wonderful fabric shop and I am so glad we had the chance to visit it.  If you are ever in the Berkley, CA area look it up.  You won't be disappointed. 

We also wanted to visit Laci's , but they are closed on Sunday.  I guess that means another trip to California!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment