Friday, April 20, 2012

Mariners Compass

I had the opportunity to go to work with Amanda while in San Francisco.  I guess it was 'take your Mother to work week'.  They (Amanda & Richard-her boss) set up a sewing station for me to use.  I used the most wonderful Rowenta iron, got to stand on the new floor mats and even got a very cushy chair to rest in.
While everyone was doing what they do best, I decided to see if I could piece a Mariners Compass.  I tried using the company sewing machine, but it was to big.  It was built for speed and working with upholstery fabric.  We hauled Amanda's sewing machine to work and this in what I created.

I only completed the star, and yesterday I set/sewed it in background fabric.  I followed the instruction written by Judy Mathieson.  They worked perfectly, no puckers.
I am so proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone on this block.  I'm ready to do more!


No comments:

Post a Comment