Thursday, April 19, 2012

Home Again, Home Again...

I am back home after a wonderful time in San Francisco, CA.  I visited a whole week with my daughter, Amanda and son-in-law, Keegan. 
There were so many 'firsts' on this trip.....Thai, Japanese, German, Italian, Greek foods, my first taxi ride and of course, my first sailboat adventure. 
Here I am with Amanda as we are docked at Angel Island.  This is a beautiful island in San Francisco Bay.  It is a State Park with lots of history. It was known as "The Ellis Island of the West." 

It is just beautiful, but we didn't have time to hike any of the trails.  That is for another trip! 

I had been afraid to sail before, but bit the bullet and REALLY enjoyed myself.  I was amazed to watch Amanda handle those sails and she and Keegan just work so well as a team. 





Amanda is attaching the fenders as we get ready to dock.

Here is a photo of the sailboat we were on! 





As we were getting closer to Angel Island (coming from Richmond) I got another spectacular view of the Golden Gate Bridge.




I was so happy to spend the day enjoying something my children enjoy doing!!!  Sailor Girls Indeed!!

2 comments:

  1. So wonderful that you were able to spend time with your daughter...precious memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you really had a trip of a lifetime! Your daughter is beautiful. I always wanted to try sailing; when I come down this summer you will have to show me more pictures. Can't wait for school to be out.

    ReplyDelete