Monday, June 18, 2012

One Quilt From Last Week

This was the only quilt I remembered to photograph last week.  This quilt is a Grandmother's Flower Garden, all hand pieced.  I think it was made by the grandmother of the client.
My instructions were to square it up and quilt in the design I thought would look best.  When I laid this quilt out, there was one whole sections that didn't have the blocks finished and a lot of the quilt had to be cut off. 
Here is it on the machine.
I quilted it the basic meander pattern using ivory thread.


The fabric in the 5 petal row of this block was some sort of laminate.  Very interesting.


OK, so now what so I do with the large piece I cut off?  I thought if I just sent it back, it would be stored away until the next generation found it and wondered what it was.  I thought of the perfect solution. 
There was leftover backing fabric as well as batting so I made it into a bed/table runner! 

This is my favorite block of the whole quilt.  Priceless!


I'll try to remember to take more photos this week!


1 comment:

  1. Am happy that this treasure was placed in your capable hands! It is priceless!

    ReplyDelete