Monday, June 18, 2012

Fun at Miss Carol's


My business is Miss Carol's Quilts.  I have been machine quilting for over 12 years and I have returned to giving classes in the studio.  I became "Miss Carol" a long time ago while chaperoning a school trip with my daughter. My husband is known as "Mr. Jeff."

This past Saturday I held a Zippy Zippy Zig Zag class in the studio. 

I liked this pattern from crazy mom quilts blog, but after I added the three borders, I loved it.

Busy piecers
Gladys from http://www.gladysgab.blogspot.com/





Two of the quilters (The Barb's) wanted their zig zags to be vertical.  This required me to really use my brain.


It wasn't until we took the picture that Barb realized one block was turned the wrong way.  Problem solved!

The other two quilter's (my favorites) followed the pattern which in turns make my job easier.


Isn't it amazing how the same pattern looks so different depending on your choice of fabrics?  I love every combination chosen. 
I had a flannel backed tablecloth for each quilter so they could roll it up as laid out and take it home to finish. 

I love teaching this wonderful group of ladies!!  We have so much fun and laugh a lot!







1 comment:

  1. OMGosh Good Golly! That looks like a ton of fun! How I would love to join you and your QBees some day! What a lovely work space you have for everyone! Say hello to Gladys for me...the quilts are very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete