Thursday, May 31, 2012

Quilt of Valor Quilts

This past week while Jeff was working on the deck I have been busy quilting 'Quilt of Valor' quilts.
These two quilts were pieced by Jan from Columbus, OH.  Even though these are sorts 'scrappy', they are just beautiful.  Thank You Jan for your precise piecing!!

This first one was quilted using Lime Green thread and the Simplicity pantograph.
Isn't it beautiful?  I want to make one and have started sorting my 1 1/2" strips!

The second is made out of the same blocks only set differently. 
It was quilted with White Thread using the Tendrils pantograph.
Now which one do I make?  I know Jan requests the Quilt of Valor quilts she sends go to a Marine.  She even included fabric with 'Marines' in both quilts. 
I hope these quilts bring comfort to a wounded soldier who has given so much for us.

1 comment:

  1. I love log cabin quilts ... the possibilities are endless! Your quilting really enhances them! These quilts will bring comfort to those who have served us so well...thanks for sharing your talent for such a worthy cause!

    ReplyDelete