Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Jelly Roll Quilt, Poppies and Pansies

This wasn't made using a jelly roll, just a quilt put together using the jelly roll technique and my purple and green 2 1/2" strips.  I found these strips all sorted and had no idea what they were for.  I hope I never remember because they are no longer available!
I do know one fabric in this top is from 1995.  I made my daughter a quillow for our trip to Florida.  I think I will eventually quilt it with purple thread and a swirly design.
Here are a few pictures of my Oriental Poppies.  I just love them!

These only last two days and there is one in the photo that has wilted.  I am amazed by the center.

I planted a few pansies ....
and this is my first clematis bloom!

Spring has sprung in my corner of the world and I am happy it is here.  I love the winter/snowy weather, but I am always amazed when the world starts to bloom again.

Our garden is growing and the rabbits have left it alone!

3 comments:

  1. Love the poppies. Perhaps a quilt inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama Barb filled me in on the jelly roll quilt class; she said her top turned out great. I wish I could have been there. June 14th is my last day of school and I can't wait til our zippy, zippy zigzag day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt and the poppies! I appreciate your photos of spring...especially since it hasn't arrived yet in my remote corner of the planet! ;-)

    ReplyDelete