Wednesday, May 2, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow?

For most of the 31 years we have lived here, we have put a garden out.  I don't know if it saves us any money, but I like to know how my food is grown. 
The gardening bug has bitten Jeff and he has already tilled the garden and this past weekend got some of the cold weather plants out.
He has planted head lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, romaine lettuce, onions and for the first time, kale.


I was in my sewing room taking these picture.  I love this one.  As you can see, we live next to a cemetery and behind a church.  I love the location of our house! 

Jeff looks forward to planting the garden every year.  I think he finds it a good way to reduce stress.


Jeff uses the row maker that belonged to his Dad.



In all the years we put a garden out, we never had any trouble with rabbits even though we lived so close to the cemetery.  Until last year.  Those little critters ate all my broccoli plants and a fair share of my green beans. 
Not this year Mr. Rabbit!!


Fence around the cold weather veggies.  As for you Mr. Rabbit, you better not get into Mr. Jeff's garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment