Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Our Next Adventure!

We decided it would not be a good idea to sit around the day after cross country skiing so we went SNOW SHOE HIKING!!!!! 

This was a lot more relaxing then the skiing.  The first time I snowshoed was at Crater Lake last July 4, 2011!  Once you learn how to walk in the shoes, it's a wonderful way to get around. 

We took the trail that lead to Columbine Point.  The elevation there was 8756, the snow was clean and crisp and some places had not been disturbed by even the animals.  There was an open air church at Columbine Point.  Those are the backs of the seats peeking out of the snow!

Isn't that beautiful?  It just takes your breath away. 

Jeff and I decided to venture up Totally Wired, another trail that went higher into the mountain.  UP, UP, UP we went.  I thought we were almost at the top and when we rounded a small tree I looked up and said, "You've got to be kidding!".  We continued to climb more.  I can't figure out why that picture won't load.

This is what we saw at the top of Totally Wired!  Elevation 9200 feet.



This is the lodge we stayed in.  We are about 2 to 3 miles from it.


The peak you see here is the end of Nine Mile Hike snow shoe path.  Jeff and I decided we would not be the first to break through that trail!

Back down and around the trail we snowshoed through a beautiful grove of aspen trees.  I find these trees amazing.  I've seen them in Summer & Winter.  I want to see them shimmer in the fall!




What a wonderful way to spend the day!









No comments:

Post a Comment