Wednesday, March 7, 2012

One of My Quilts

Here is my quilt that I quilted today.  I have been piecing it through the winter months, first making four patch blocks and then the 16-patch block.  I saw a photo of this quilt, studied it and  figured it out .  All the fabric for this quilt was either a scrap or it came out of my stash.  Remember the 'Happiness is...." post when I found backing for a quilt?  This is the quilt.
Getting it ready to load on the quilting machine.  I quilted this with the Tendrils pantograph and used Victorian Rose thread. 

This quilt was also the #2 UFO project for our local quilt guild challenge.  I found fabric in my stash for the binding too.  It is attached and this evening I will hand turn it.  This quilt measures 79" x 88" or close enough.
I get a wonderful feeling knowing I figured this pattern out, and did not buy any additional fabric for it.  I still have a lot of stash, but it is s-l-o-w-l-y getting smaller :)

Today was a beautiful day to take pictures outside. 


  1. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. what a great quilt- and congrats on using only stash! that's quite the accomplishment! i can see the pattern too on the closeups, and maybe i'll have to remember this one!

  2. Jennifer...This is a great quilt to use those leaders & enders. I used 2 1/2" squares. It was fun to make!