Monday, February 6, 2012

Out with the old, in with the New!

I went looking for a new pair of hiking boots this past Saturday.  I thought it was time since the ones I have are 6 years old.

You can tell the soles are pretty well worn.  I got to thinking about where these boots have been since 2006.  Here is the list:  Grand Canyon AZ, Lake Powell UT, Hoover Dam & Las Vegas NV, Hawks Nest State Park WV, Salt Fork State Park OH, Crater Lake, Sisters & Bend OR, Muir Woods CA, on the Blue Blaze Trail in OH. 
In Colorado they have been to Pikes Peak, Leadville, Winter Park and the surrounding lakes and trails, Estes Park, Breckenridge, Frasier, Frisco & Denver.  Jeff and I spent two weeks hiking in Colorado so I am sure there were more places.
Good Bye old hiking boots, thanks for all the good times.


Hello New Hiking Boots!!!!!
These are my "KEEN" new hiking boots.  They are so comfortable!! They are manufactured by the Keen Boot Company and have a wide toe box which is great since I wear wool hiking socks.  Took them on a 2 mile hike yesterday and they felt wonderful and not a sore spot anywhere.  I did have sticker shock when I decided these were the ones for me, but if I divide that by 6 years, it's not too bad!!
I am sure there will be a trip to Colorado in my near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment