Monday, June 9, 2014

Recent Quilts

Here it is, the middle of June, school is out and I am wondering where the time has gone.  Am I the only one who feels like time slips away?

Anyway, I have been busy quilting for clients and I even quilted one of my quilts! 

I think the name of this quilt is Mountain Trails.  Barb made this for her grandson Randy and Ally. 


 
I used the Clover Meadow Pantograph and Neutral colored thread. 
 
 
Quiltville.com does a mystery quilt every year.  This is Easy Street and it was pieced by Gladys. 
 


I just love the way the quilting looks on the backing!


 
Quilted using the Cascade Pantograph and Pearl colored thread. 
Both Gladys and I are working on the most recent quilt......sorta !
 
 
Barb has been working on this patchwork snowflake quilt.  After piecing the background, she learned the raw edge applique technique.  This is one panel of the quilt which is now complete and will be quilted soon.
 
 

My leader and enders project is making the Maverick Stars from Bonnie Hunter's website.  Just today I figured out what I am using them for.  They will be the outer border of the postage stamp quilt I am making for two dear friends.  Perfect!


These are really fun to make!



Jeff (and Gus) stop by to check out what we are doing!  He always approves!


 
 
 
I finished the following quilts for a client in Columbus.  I fell in love with this quilt the minute I saw it.  Isn't it fun?  I think it may be on my "to do" list.
 




I love how the last spool is tipped over and unwinding!



Linda pieces her Mariner Compass's by hand!  Beautiful!



I have done a few of these "Over the river" quilts and every one has been different and just as beautiful .

All of Linda's quilts were Meandered using either white or parchment colored thread.
 
 
This quilt traveled all the way from Florida!  Celeste has a beautiful sense of color.  Very nice for a spring/summer quilt!
 

 
I Meandered this quilt with a larger meander using white thread. 
 
 
Last but not least, here is the quilt I made for Quilt of Valor.  I participated in the Mystery4Military online group to make this.  I did change the layout because I thought it flowed better. 
 
 
It is quilted, bound, washed and ready to go.  Of course, I made a pillowcase too!
 
This week I am working on more client quilts and will post those soon. 
Hope you all enjoy your week!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. OMGosh Good Golly Girl! You have been busy! I am impressed with your workmanship and the volume of work you've accomplished! Am always inspired by the work of you QBees and now ... your clients too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete