Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Photo....finally!

     Here is the photo of my version of the Watermelon Shuffle.  I think it looks like bulldozer treads and therefore call it CAT Tracks.



After seeing this pattern on line, I thought, "who needs a jelly roll"?  I dug into my 3 drawer containers of 2 1/2" strips and decided RED was going to be the color I used.  As you can see, there is a wide variety of 'red' in this top.




The background fabric came out of my stash.  I also found backing fabric with enough for binding in my stash too!  I love when that happens! 
I am excited to get this one quilted.  My friend Pam saw this a few weeks ago and has since made one also.  I'll post pictures once it is quilted.  Of course her quilt will be quilted before mine :) 

I think this would be beautiful in any color combination you can think of.  Look in my previous post for the link.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.  It's cool, crisp and clear in O-H-I-O!

2 comments:

  1. Those reds really pop in that quilt. You could rename it the cranberry shuffle. I like your version and can't wait to see it live in October. Have fun with Mama Barb tomorrow and tell her I said hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And I love that it all came from your stash! You accomplish sew much and make wonderful quilts! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete